A Positive Way to Monitor Common Areas. This course gives administrators strategies they need to train staff in effective methods to decrease problem behavior, increase student cooperation and make their job less stressful and more rewarding.
Using the principles of school-wide positive behavior support, staff who supervise hallways, cafeterias, study halls and hangout areas learn to:
• Effectively teach school rules and expectations
• Move and scan while supervising
• Build positive relationships with students
• Respond appropriately to problem behavior
• Communicate effectively with students, staff and parents
• Work as a team to support student behavior
When common area supervisors apply the PBIS principles in this course, they will feel less stress and enjoy their jobs more. Each video module shows how to apply Systematic Supervision in a specific setting and presents compelling vignettes that demonstrate both positive and negative examples of addressing student behavior. These programs give supervisors strategies they can use immediately to make their schools safe and positive places to learn.
Audience: Middle school staff. Video runtime: 35 minutes
You selected to get the course Systematic Supervision Middle School. Please Login to get it.