Creating a Positive and Respectful Classroom. Establishing behavior expectations is crucial in creating a positive classroom climate. Middle school teachers will learn a 7-step strategy for setting up and monitoring behavior expectations.
Teachers create a positive classroom climate, minimize problem behaviors and gain time for instruction when they proactively communicate behavior expectations to students. This interactive course contains 7 modules, 5 knowledge checks and several printable resources.
The 7-Step Strategy:
• Be proactive - expect the ideal and plan for it
• Identify Behaviors - select specific behaviors you want students to learn
• Organize - create a small set of behavior expectations
• Communicate - describe the behavior you want to students
• Monitor - observe students and give them feedback
• Review - discuss expectations and tell students how they are doing, modify if necessary
• Expect the Ideal - keep the focus on the behaviors you want
Audience: Middle school teachers. Video runtime: 20 minutes
You selected to get the course Managing Middle School Classrooms - Beha.... Please Login to get it.